Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tokyo Special Journey: Patisserie & Chocolate

During last weekend, 21st - 23rd January 2011, I had a chance to visit Tokyo again as one of my beloved friend was getting married. I then decided to spend some of my free time visited a few patisseries. 

I began with Dalloyau @ Ginza. The atmosphere of this shop of easy but cozy with a complement of great services. However, it lacks of English speaker which is typical for Japan.

A beautiful setting of shop front and windows
Contemporary setting of the Dalloyau @ Ginza

Food counter with deliciously looking of food

Touchy window show along staircase

I, myself, had Pêche Bel Armand for my afternoon dessert (without tea T__T, why not?). It was a parfait with a combination between raspberry sorbet, peach, whipped cream, and meringue sticks. It was beautifully decorated. Meringue was not too sweet. Peach was well poached and glazed: it was not too soft. Whipped cream was a little sweet which went perfectly with sour taste of raspberry sorbet (7/10).\

Pêche Bel Armand


Dalloyau @ Ginza, Tokyo
6-9-3 Ginza
Chuo-Ku
Tokyo 104-0061
Japan

ヤウ @ 銀座, 東京
〒104-0061 
東京都中央区銀座6丁目9−3

Tel: +81 (0) 3 3289 8260
I then walked to the nearby chocolate shop, Pierre Marcolini @ Ginza. Pierre Marcolini, originated from Brussels, has always been my most favourite chocolate connoisseur. Personally, I must say chocolate from Pierre Marcolini is even tastier than that of La Maison du Chocolat.
On the ground floor of the shop, there are takeaway counter and ice-cream counter. From first floor, there are seats available for those who wish to eat in. The decor is again comtemporary with dimmed light.


Simple but beautiful front

Variety of chocolate to be chosen

Sans Sucres & Grand Cru de propriete Mexique

Pierre Marcolini @ Ginza, Tokyo
5-5-8 Ginza
Chuo-Ku
Tokyo 104-0061
Japan

ピエールマルコリーニ @ 銀座, 東京
〒104-0061
東京都中央区銀座 5 丁目5-8

Tel: +81 (0) 3 5537 0015

Next was Pierre Herme @ Ikebukuro, in which I accidentally walked pass by. I bought some macaron in a beautiful red box. As expected, simply wonderful but still prefer Laduree.

Assorted Macarons from Pierre Herme

Pierre Herme @ Seibu Department Store, Ikebukuro, Tokyo
Floor B3 Seibu Department Store
1-28-1 Ikebukuro
Tokyo 171-8569 
Japan

ピエール・エルメ @ 西武池袋, 東京
〒171-8569 東京都豊島区 南池袋1-28-1
西武池袋本店 地下1階 スイーツ&ギフト 北B3

Tel: +81 (0) 3 3981 0111

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips