Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Cream Studio @ The Mercury Ville, Bangkok - ครีมสตูดิโอ @ เดอะ เมอร์คิวรี่ วิลล์ กรุงเทพ

Cuisine: Ice-cream
Price: see menu below
Visited: 19 June 2014
Food: 7/10
Atmosphere: 6/10
Value for money: 7/10
Services: n.m.
Scale: [1=poor ---- 5=average/standard ---- 10=outstanding/exceptional]

The Mercury Ville is the new concept of Mercury Tower that was refurbished after years of failure. The lower floors of Mercury Tower was lauched in 2014 as dining destination and named Mercury Ville. Cream Studio is an ice-cream boot that is located on the 3rd floor of this Mercury Ville. It is a rookie of ice-cream industry in Thailand. The place is tiny with only ice-cream counter and a few of tiny tables.

Cream Studio presents daily just less than 10 flavours of ice-cream. I believe that this gets changed from time to time. At my first visit, I was rather impressed with this place. Their ice-creams were smooth, thick and flavoursome. I had Sapporo Brownie (6/10) and Honey Purple Sweet Potato (7/10). The Sapporo Brownie tasted like ordinary chocolate but Honey Purple Sweet Potato was an interesting one. The sweet flavour of honey did not overwhelm the overall picture, that was what I like. My only concern was the texture of ice-cream. Though it was smooth and creamy, I still found some icy bits. My guess, this could be because of wrong temperature during process or storing. Well, let see during future visit how they would manage this.

Pricing wise, it is in the same range as Swensen's but the scoop size is a bit smaller. You may see in a picture below for range of other menu and beverage. To me, this is a good destination for ice-cream for those in Chidlom area like me. I won't be surprise if I find myself visiting this Cream Studio often.

Sapporo Brownie + Honey Purple Sweet Potato

Cream Studio @ The Mercury Ville, Bangkok

tiny spaces for eating in

the creamy menu

less than 10 flavours but changed occasionally

the contact

Cream Studio @ The Mercury Ville, Bangkok - ครีมสตูดิโอ @ เดอะ เมอร์คิวรี่ วิลล์ กรุงเทพ
Floor 3, Mercury Ville
540 Phloen Chit Road
Lumpini, Pathum Wan
Bangkok 10330
Thailand

Open Hours: 11:00am - 10:00pm daily
Tel: +66 (0) 2658 5556
FBhttps://www.facebook.com/creamstudiofanpage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips